Monday, September 13, 2010

Lab 4-1

For this lab we had to take a computer apart and then put it back together. I took a part my computer at school and put it back together and I am going to discuss the steps I did. I also toke a computer apart that I had at home That I plan to rebuild.
1. The first steps in taking the computer apart was that we had to take out any adapter cards that were plugged into the motherboard as well as take out all the RAM that was in the motherboard.
2. I then disconnected all the IDE cables and power cables from the motherboard.
3. I then proceeded to take out the screws to remove the power supply from the case.
4. I then removed the CPU fan and then the heat sink from the motherboard. The one I had at home also Had a heat sink over a chip on top of the mother board.
5. I then unscrewed the motherboard from the case and lifted it out of the case.
6 I then removed the hard drive, floppy drive and optical drive from the case.
7 On the computer I have at hope I removed all of the case peripherals so that I could thoroughly clean the case.
Ones I finished I reassembled the computer at school opposite the way I took it apart.
Hear are some pictures that show how this was done and the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment