Saturday, December 4, 2010

chapter 17 labs

17-1

1. My hardware device for my computer to connect to the internet is an onboard wireless adapter. The computer named it broadcom 802.11g network adapter.

2. I do not have a nic card.

3. The IP address is 192.168.146.1 (preferred)

4. I used device manager and the command .exe utilities to answer the first three questions.

17-3



2. the first switch is a Belkin 8 port gigabit ethernet switch. It cost between 150 and 200 dollars.
The second switch the second switch is made by cisco and costs arounds 70 dollars. it also has 8 ports. Because cisco is one of the leaders in networking I would chose the cisco switch.

3.




4. The three switches are all from tiger direct and they are from d link, intel and lynksys through cisco.
I would ones again chose athe cisco even at the higher price of 29.99 a piece trough tiger direct.

5. The cisco switch is around 70 and the adapters are 30 a piece the total price would be 190.

No comments:

Post a Comment