Saturday, December 4, 2010

Chapter 15 Labs

15.3



1. To start up the repair process I inserted the cd into the drive, booted from disk, when the select language screen came up I clicked english and then next, and then clicked on repair your computer. Startup repair could not detect a problem.



2. The most recent restore point on the computer was windows modules installer on 11/30/2010 at 11:11:41 AM.



3.  To open the registry editor I had to enter regedit.exe in the command prompt

4. I was supposed to copy a file to my usb drive. while implementing the copy command it kept telling me that it could not find the file path.

15-4 and 15-7



For these two labs had to turn on boot logging in the advanced boot aptions tab to create a ntbtlog text file for normal boot. When starting in safe mode the computer already generates an ntbtlog file. I saved booth files. all of the same drivers were loaded in safemode that were loaded in normal mode. The safe mode start up log file described more details about what was and wasn't loaded. The network drivers were not loaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment