Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chapter 13 Labs

13-1


I created a restore point and then changed the size of the Icons to large. I also changed the background image to nature. I restarted the system and then ran system restore. The Icons went back to normal size but the background image remained the same.

13-2


For this excercise I turned on my guest user. I then ran disk cleanup using both my administrator and guest users. They both had the same options to choose from.

Defraging the hard drive


I used the tools to analyze disk C to see if it needed to be defragmented. After it analyzed the disk it said that the drive was 0% defragmented.

Check disk

I used the tools to check the disk for errors. I scheduled it to check the next time I logged off. After verification it said I had 53 large files and 0 bad files the check disk went through 5 steps: File verification, index verification, security descriptors verification, file verification, and free space verification.

Verify start up programs





Backup

For this lab I Backed up my home computer using windows 7 backup utility. I clicked on Start, Control Panel, System & Security, and Setup Backup. I choose to backup to disk using drive E:. I choose to let windows choose which files to backup, the other option was to let me chose. Windows choose to backup all users. I then put a disk in the drive and when that one was full back up asked me to put in a new disk. It took 4 disks to backup my home computer.
New Volumes



In order to create a new volume on my hard drive I moved all of my files from my D drive to my C drive and then deleted my d drive. I then went to computer management and right clicked my unallocated space and clicked on create simple volume. I chose to create a volume og only 5 gigabits. I was able to save a file to my newly created volume after words.

No comments:

Post a Comment